- IPNI Identifier
- Species Plantarum
- 1: 391
- Date of Publication
- 1 May 1753
- Habitat in Pensylvania, Nova Caesarea, Noveboraco.
- Type Herbaria
- lectotype LINN (Herb. Linn. No. 560.2, right specimen)
- Chosen By
- Ebinger Rhodora 76 : 367. 1974
- Distribution Of Types
- United States of America (Northern America)
Southall & Hardin (spring 1974) designated the material on sheet 560.2 (LINN), which comprises three specimens, as the type. However, later the same year (Sep 1974), Ebinger designated the right-hand specimen, only, as the lectotype. Ebinger's choice is therefore treated as a restriction of the original typification made by Southall & Hardin. (vide C. E. Jarvis, The Linnaean Plant Name Typification Project).
- Nomenclatural link
- Chamaedaphne angustifolia Kuntze, Revis. Gen. Pl. 2: 388 (1891).
- Same citation as
- Kalmia angustifolia L., Sp. Pl. 1: 391 (1753).