- IPNI Life Sciences Identifier (LSID)
- Hooker's Icones Plantarum; or figures, with brief descriptive characters and remarks of new or rare plants. London
- 4: t. 322
- Date of Publication
- post-June 1840
- Family as entered in IPNI
- Collector Team
- T. Nuttall s.n.
- Mountains of Santa Barabara, California.
- Type Herbaria
- holotype K
- Distribution Of Types
- California (Southwestern U.S.A., Northern America)
Both C. betuloides Nuttall (June 1840) and C. betulifolius are based on Nuttall's collection from the mountains of Santa Barabara, California. According to TL2 (2: 295), plates 301-350 were issued in May-Dec 1840; It is reasonable that the plate 322 was issued in post-June 1840.