- IPNI Life Sciences Identifier (LSID)
- Species Plantarum, Edition 2
- 1: 545
- Date of Publication
- Sep 1762
- Family as entered in IPNI
Status: nom. illeg. later homonym non G. bonduc L. (1753). For Guilandina bonduc Linnaeus (Sp. Pl. 1: 381. 1753), provided the diagnostic phrase name or nomen specificum legitimum as “Guilandina aculeata, foliolis ovalibus acuminatis”. He (1762) used G. bonduc as an accepted name, but excluded the preceding diagnostic phrase and included it in G. bonducella. Therefore, G. bonduc L. (1762) was published as a later homonym and G. bonducella L. was superfluous when published (Shenzhen Code Arts. 48.1, 52.3 apply)
- Basionym of
- Caesalpinia bonduc (L.) Roxb., Fl. Ind. (Roxburgh) 2: 362 (1832).
- Nomenclatural link
- Guilandina bonduc var. major (Medik.) DC., Prodr. [A. P. de Candolle] 2: 480 (1825).
- Replaced synonym of
- Bonduc majus Medik., Theodora 43 (1786).