- IPNI Life Sciences Identifier (LSID)
- North American Flora. New York Botanical Garden
- 29(1): 16
- Date of Publication
- 31 Aug 1914
- Family as entered in IPNI
- Type Name
- P. oregonus Small ('oregona')
Pityopus is a compound name composed of two Greek terms; pityis is pine and feminine, whereas pus is foot and masculine. Small seems to have accepted the gender of the 1st term (i.e., feminine) for his genus; presently, the gender of the 2nd term is assigned to compound generic names.
- Same citation as
- Pityopus Small, N. Amer. Fl. 29(1): 16 (1914).