- IPNI Life Sciences Identifier (LSID)
- Transactions of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for Promoting useful Knowledge. Philadelphia
- ser. 2, 7: 398
- Date of Publication
- 2 Apr 1841
- Family as entered in IPNI
- Collector Team
- T. Nuttall s.n.
- Plains of the Oregon, and Lewis River
- Type Herbaria
- lectotype PH
- Chosen By
- Cronquist Intermount. Fl. [Cronquist et al.] 5: pref. 4, 158. 1994 [30 Jun 1994]
- Distribution Of Types
- United States of America (Northern America)
For A. tridentata, Rydberg (N. Amer. Fl. 34(3): 283. 1916), H. M. Hall and Clements (Phylogenet. Meth. 136-137. 1923), and Cronquist (Univ. Wash. Publ. Biol. 17: 70. 1955) cited type locality (or localities), but did not designate a LT.