- IPNI Identifier
- Botanical Magazine; or, Flower-Garden Displayed ... London
- 64: t. 3542
- Date of Publication
- 1 Jan 1837
- Distribution Of Types
- Peru (Western South America, Southern America)
- Type Remarks
- Several bulbs of this plant were received from J. Maclean, Esq. by Mr. Murray, from Lima, and have flowered magnificently in the Glasgow Botanic Garden
- Hippeastrum ambiguum Herb., Amaryllidaceae 136 (1837), isonym.
- Nomenclatural link
- Amaryllis elegans var. ambigua (Herb.) Traub & Moldenke, Amaryllidaceae Trib. Amarylleae 186 (1949).