Gaertner, Gottfried (1754-1825)
- Standard Form
- IPNI Life Sciences Identifier (LSID)
- Alternative Abbreviations
- P.Gaertner From Meikle
P.Gaertn. From TL2
- Alternative Names
- Gaertner, Philipp Gottfried
- Area of Interest
- Spermatophytes, Mycology, Bryophytes
- Information Source
- Abbreviation G.Gaertn. used because of information from S. Dressler that he was known as Gottfried Gaertner during his lifetime. According to a Walloonian custom the name Philipp, his father's name, was added after death. Another possible explanation is from Dr K.P. Buttler who points out that the death notice in Flora, 1826(1): 32 states: "...starb zu Hanau Hr. Dr. Phil. Gottfried Gartner." where 'Phil.' may have been interpreted as Philipp.
- Example of Name Published
- Bifolium G. Gaertn., B. Mey. & Scherb., Oekon. Fl. Wetterau, 1: 175 (1799).